Monday, August 24, 2015

Coconut "Fried" Chicken

Chicken is by far my favorite meat, and pretty much the only meat I ate as a child (with the exception of a pork chop here and there). And who doesn't love fried chicken? My Southern cook of a mama to this day fries anything that doesn't fry her first. I'm talking fried hot dogs, fried cabbage, fried squash, you name it. But I just can't eat like that. All that fried food feels so heavy to me (although I absolutely will not turn down her homemade French fries or fried cornbread). So I came up with this easy 3-ingredient "fried" chicken that even your little ones will enjoy.

Ingredients
1 cup Coconut flour (you could also substitute almond flour)
2 eggs
20 oz boneless skinless chicken breast
1/4 cup coconut oil

Whisk eggs in bowl. Pour flour onto separate plate. Cut chicken into strips. Dip chicken into egg wash, then coat with flour. Heat coconut oil in pan over medium heat. Once warm, add chicken. Cook approximately 15 minutes or until cooked through, turning once. Enjoy!


You can also omit the coconut oil to make a healthier version, although the finished strips will not be as moist. When leaving out the oil, I use a nonstick ceramic pan, which actually works better if you don't use oil.

Do you like fried food? What's your favorite fried dish? Leave a comment!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment